mercredi 19 mai 2010

Reading and Input sources

I finished "Le Ton Beau de Marot", so I'll probably post some thoughts on translation in the next few days. I must again heartily recommend it for anyone interested in translation, languages, poetry, or artificial intelligence. It _really_ made me want to read the French translation of GEB. I've also been sucked into trying to write my own translation of Marot's poem (but no guarantee when/if it will see the light of day.)

Next on my "to read" list is the English GEB, so that I can dive into the French one once I get my hands on it. Not particularly language related, but I want to be able to dive into the French one as soon as I get my hands on it. The translation books are still on my list, just not at the top.

For Dutch input, the Tintin are about my level. I can read them, but there are still lots of words I'm missing. Half a Tintin (30 pages) takes me 30-40 minutes.

I've added some Dutch news sites (tweakers.net, vk.nl) to my iGoogle page so lets see if that ends up helping.

As for Dutch audio, I have only advanced audio with transcripts, or children's audiobooks without. I don't think I'm quite up to HP/Hobbit/H2G2 yet so probably just keep listening to Assimil for now. Might take a look at some of the recordings on Rhinospike.

I've now done two weeks with Anki. I'll have a summary post later in the week with how sentence-based flash cards are meshing with my desire for grammar and production. (Hint: not very well.)

I'm think still on track to finish Assimil by mid-June.

Aucun commentaire: