mercredi 11 février 2009

TAC Log for Feb 9/10

I've started listening to my podcasts again, which is good. I've reduced the number of flash cards anki tries to throw at me from 200 to 100. Now that I'm properly doing reviews, 100 new cards plus the 30-50 cards anki will want to review is about the right total number.

And, since I always have to overanalyse things ...

My recent concern with anki is I don't like the fact that I have to make a judgement call as to how far in the future I need to review the card. I see the "good/easy/hard/soon" labels, but what my brain reads is "9 days, 25 days..." I end up thinking "Is 9 days too soon? but 25 days seems a long time away..." So.. I end up clicking the lower timed button, even if the card was "easy" or whatever, just because I don't want to have waited too long .. (Perhaps I prefered not knowing? A slight advantage mnemosyne has, then...)

Well, that was yesterday anyway. Today I decided to let anki do its thing and really try to just look at the labels. Hope it works...

Using Google Notebook to capture snippets from news articles worked great today. Or rather, it would have had I actually been reading an article I was interested it -- I was just testing the technology. Anyways, I highly recommend it for capturing foreign language snippets for later processing.

Finally, I'm still being tempted by all those fabulous language books at my local language learning bookstore. It's so hard to say to myself "The fact that I don't have this particular book is not the reason I'm not yet fluent.." But they're soo tempting .. surely I'd learn _something_ from them...

Aucun commentaire: