lundi 22 décembre 2008

TAC Log for Dec 21

Finished Alice (66 pages.) Started making vocab lists. Hard to know if the words I'm adding are useful. I'm a bit scared because Alice is an older book obviously. Also, I'm concerned that the words I"m grabbing aren't high frequency enough, even if they aren't outdated.

I've seen people talking about going through 10k freq wordlists, but I don't know if that's something I'd want to do. I already have a vocab plan for 2009, which hopefully should give me a lot of high freq useful words.

Similarly, I don't think the writing in the newspaper is esoteric enough to be using lots of low freq words. Some of the other books on my reading list I'm not so sure.

It's slower going creating these wordlists than my mnemosyne cards. It's not just all the flipping back and forth in a paper dictionary. I'm also unhappier with the implied 1-1 mapping. We'll see how the wordlists go during review.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to "cram" the 2400 words. Maybe load setences directly into mnemosyne? A giant wordlist? Proceeding through the course as normal is 120 days, which no builtin review.

Aucun commentaire: