lundi 1 décembre 2008

Pre-TAC Log for Nov 30

Picked up some books: "Le Hasard Sauvage" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and "Chocolate & Zucchini" by Clotilde Dusoulier. Hmm... can I hold off starting to read these until Dec 24th...?

Failed to find "Arsène Lupin: Gentleman Cambrioler" to match the Librivox recording. I'll try again this week. I might also look for "Le nom de la rose." I wonder if I should look for translations of books I really like in English. H2G2 and some cyberpunk novels come to mind. I'm really trying to avoid translations, though. At least with "Le nom de la rose" there's no reason to assume that the French one should be any worse than the English one. (The original was in Italian.)

Listened to 2 Sherlock Holmes adventures ("Les cinqs pépins d'orange" and "L'homme à la levre tordue"). Unfortunately, the translations don't match up with what's available on line, so I guess I'll just have to L-R without matching R... (90m).

Shadowed some podcasts (30m).

Aucun commentaire: